Welcome to my Webpage
Dear Parents / guardians,
I want to extend to you my warmest welcome into the Arabic language program at Marie G Davis.
My name is Aida Rached, I’m originally from Lebanon, located in the Middle East. I graduated from the University of Lebanon. I worked back home for 4 years as a homeroom teacher (Arabic and French) in private school for EC students, than for another 4 years I was teaching Arabic for Middle School at a regular private school. I moved to USA in July 2004, and it is my eight year teaching Arabic at Marie G Davis.
I will be your child’s Arabic teacher this year. I look forward to working everyday to help my students grow and develop a new language.
I am excited about this program including a lot of information about the culture in the Arabic countries .
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions:
School phone: 980-343-0006
Materials needed in the Arabic classes :
Here are some great websites to check out:
Hi students , parents, and guardians,
Hope these websites will be helpful and give the opportunities to my students to practice the Arabic Language out of the classroom, and let them enjoy sharing with their Families.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unbXh7-6OdQ Greeting's song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xYy3D6zYgY&feature=related Alphabet Song
Students can learn and review the topics we are working on in the classroom like: colors, shapes, clothes, fruits...etc. There is a lot of culture lessons related to the Arabic countries too.
http://www.arabic-social.com it is am Arabic online resource for teaching Arabic
http://www.onlinearabicresources. it is a good tool to practice building a short sentence in Arabic using pronouns, prepositions, verbs,....
Our Classroom Rules:
* Respect yourself , others, and their property.
* Be prepared for class.
* Raise your hand and wait to be called upon.
* Stay seated unless you have permission to do otherwise.
* follow directions the first time given.
*Use the target language (Arabic) as much as you can in the class.
I promise to:
* Maintain a fair, fun and great system for learning.
* Value, respect you and your opinion with the highest respect deserved by all.
* Be there and ready for help when you need help.
*Facilitate the language and make it easy to learn.
- Every Thursday and Friday we will have a Quiz about the lessons of the week.
- An Arabic newsletter should be send by email , please if you would like to change or update you email let me know.